Ebenezer Methodist Cemetery
783437 78 RD
The burial stones were collected and placed in a concrete cairn in the 1930's. In the 1990's, the cairn was rebuilt and the larger stones were set upright in two concrete walls. It is owned by the municipality and is considered to be an abandoned (inactive) cemetery. Located on Lot 11 Concession 4 of West Zorra Township on the 37th line. The corner was purchased for a church and cemetery in 1840. It was used as a burial ground prior to this purchase. In 1845, the first Methodist Episcopal Chapel in the township was erected here.
Last Update: 2012-08-17 08:47:00