Cemeteries : Riverside Cemetery (Twp. Blandford-Blenheim) - Cultural Heritage Data Rcd.
955569 Lucy RD
Toll Free Number:
On land given by Henry Rupert in 1826, this cemetery adjacent to the Nith River, contains the graves of many Baptist United Empire Loyalist immigrants from New Brunswick, who settled in the early years of Blenheim Township. The first Regular Baptist Church, later called Riverside was built in 1828 directly east of the cemetery entrance on land donated by Fred Burnett. Baptized in the Nith River, these early immigrants continued to worship here from 1828 to 1875. The first regular Baptist Church in service from 1828 to 1875, was located east of the cemetery. Located on the cornor of the Lucy Road and Township Road 5. Owned by the municipality and is considered to be an abandoned (inactive) cemetery according to By-Law 971-93.
Hours of Operation
Hours: • Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Other / Notes
Eligibility: INACTIVE Cemetery
Application: For more information on Oxford County cemeteries visit Ontario Genealogical Society: https://oxford.ogs.on.ca/agh1.html
Last Update: 2018-05-25 14:50:00