Cemeteries : Princeton Cemetery (Twp. Blandford-Blenheim) - Cultural Heritage Data Rcd.
686853 Oxford 2 RD
Toll Free Number:
The cemetery was started in the early 1800s; fenced in 1930; a mausoleum was erected in 1967; and a portion of ground was blessed for use as a Roman Catholic Cemetery in 1954. Owned by municipality and is considered to be an active cemetery according to By-law 971-93.
Colonel Thomas Horner, 1767-1834. Honours the pioneer settler of Blenheim Township (1795) who built the first saw and gristmills in what became Oxford County.
Frederick Benwell, 1865-1890. Commemorates the young victim of Oxford's most infamous murderer, Reginald Birchall. Located 686853 Governor's Road or Old Highway # 2 (Oxford County Road # 2) on Lot 14 Concession 1 of Blenheim Township in Princeton.
Other / Notes
Eligibility: ACTIVE Cemetery
Application: For more information on Oxford County cemeteries visit Ontario Genealogical Society: https://oxford.ogs.on.ca/agh1.html
Last Update: 2018-05-25 14:41:00