Both Site and Mailing Address
522 Peel St
Woodstock, ON N4S 3P1
Toll Free Number:
COVID - Services being offered using a combination of face to face and virtual routes. There is no in-court support at this time.
Court Support is available to individuals (16 years) with a mental health issue who come into contact with the criminal justice system. Staff members assess, assist, and advocate for Mental Health Diversion. They develop service care plans, and provide consultation and support throughout the court process.
Mental Health Court Diversion:
* People living with a serious mental illness, brain injury or a developmental disability may access alternatives to criminal prosecution.
* Crown Attorney determines whether mental health diversion is appropriate or if the person should be prosecuted for the charge(s)
* Court Support worker develops a treatment plan to divert the individual out of the criminal justice system and back into the mental health system
* Supports are available to reduce the possibility of recidivism
Community Treatment Court (CTC):
* CTC is a specialized court with emphasis on treatment and recovery. To receive support, individuals must be willing to plead guilty to their existing charges.
* Holds the accused accountable for the actions while providing effective treatment and/or support in the least restrictive fashion
* The emphasis will be on providing people suffering from mental illness with a venue to address the issues that brought them into conflict with the law
* Protects both the rights of the public and the accused while at the same time maintains the integrity of the criminal justice system
Fax Number: 519-539-8317Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite Address: www.cmhaoxford.on.caCrisis Phone: Toll Free: 1-866-933-2023TTY: Call the crisis number through the Bell Relay Service and tell them you need a call back using the TTY (1-866-933-2023)
Hours of Operation
Hours: • Visit website for information
Other / Notes
Eligibility: No restrictions * Course capacity is 15 people please register in advance
Fees: None, Free programs
Application: Please register: Mercedes Pitters 519-539-8055 ext 211 * email@example.com
Area Served: Oxford
Accessibility: Wheelchair Accessible (Parking, Entrance, Washrooms), Designated parking at entrance, Wheelchair accessible washroom, assistance needed with door